The month of February emphasizes matters of the heart and focuses on love for outside relationships. But what about your relationship with yourself? It’s important to take time for ourselves to reflect upon our life and happiness. That may seem overwhelming at first if you’re out of practice. Here are five quick tips that can help you get started with your self-love challenge today.
- Hydrate: Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water. Keeping your body hydrated is vital for your overall sense of well-being and your skin. So many of us are under-hydrated and don’t even know it! According to many studies and health enthusiasts, water is essential. For instance, it is recommended to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day. (Ex. If you’re 130 pounds, you would drink 65 ounces of water.) Be kind to your body and drink up!
- Rest: Getting enough sleep each night is so important for your physical and mental health. Limit screen time at least one hour before bed to gain a more sound and restful sleep.
- Move: Whether its time spent at the gym or walking the neighborhood — get your body moving! If you’re feeling tired during the day, the best way to gain energy is to create it. Start small and build up to an exercise routine. Every minute makes a difference.
- Schedule some time alone: Take time for yourself and be completely present. We so often get stuck in the day-to-day routines that we forget to pause and take a minute to recharge. Do whatever it takes to relax and find inspiration.
- Practice self-care regularly: We’ve heard it takes about 21 days to create a habit. Start today and mark your calendar in three weeks to notice if you’ve improved your practice of self-love and created a healthy routine.
This month especially, remember to be gentle with your thoughts and kinder to your heart. What are some ways you practice self-love and care? We’d love to hear it – tell us more below.