- October 15, 2015
- Posted by: Danielle Quales
- Category: Healthcare Marketing Strategy, Patient Communications, Social Media in Healthcare
Here’s why you might want to: Periscope is about seeing the world through someone else’s eyes, in real time. Imagine if you could show the world what life is really like at your hospital. Download the app, browse a map for live streaming video and click on a user to get in on the action.
Once you’ve done that, check out these ideas on how to use Periscope at your hospital:
- Interviews: Followers love to see other people and hear their perspectives. Use your hospital’s Periscope account to broadcast interviews with a doctor who is pioneering a breakthrough procedure, a nurse who has gone above and beyond or a patient who had a great experience at your facility.
- Facility tours: Use Periscope to provide followers with a “sneak peek” of facility upgrades you’ve been making, a new wing slated to open next month or your redecorated pediatric floor featuring bright, cheery colors. Provide a brief tour of your labor and delivery area to share with OBs whose patients will be delivering at your hospital. Find other tips on creating a virtual hospital tour here.
- Events: Shoot video of events at your hospital, so that those who can’t be there in person can still share in the fun. Fundraisers, groundbreakings and award ceremonies are great, celebratory occasions to include videos of on your Periscope account.
On Periscope, you don’t have to worry about getting these videos professionally edited. People want “raw,” real footage that provides an insider look into the everyday workings of your facility, your staff and your patients. Viewers want to see your hospital through Periscope, just as they would see it as they walk through your hallways.